Monday, April 22, 2013

Upcoming adventures

    Next Sunday I will be heading to the city of Amsterdam with a few friends to visit the Anne Frank house, the Royal Palace, and observe the culture so different from ours. It should be a very eye opening experience, literally. We are heading there on the 28th, because on the 30th, it will be Queensday! This is the last Queensday as Queen Beatrix will be stepping down. In 2014, the holiday will become known as Koningsdag or King's Day following the investiture of Willem-Alexander as king of the Netherlands. Every one dresses in orange and gathers in the city to celebrate their queen. I get to act like I'm Dutch for a few days!



After returning from Amsterdam (don't worry we don't have school Wednesday and I'll be working before to make up missing Monday and Tuesday Mom and Dad), I will repack, attend class Thursday, and then head on my way to Milan and Varese, Italy with my friends Simon, Matt and Nicola. Nicola will be our generous host as he is from Milan and studies near Varese. He's already planned for us to experience the Italian fine dining and luxurious sea side, as well as going to view The Last Supper, and shop (for me). I'll be gone for a while so I'll post my adventures when I can!

Milan

Varese

No comments:

Post a Comment